Offline wire measurement
Wirelab is an ultra accurate table-top laser micrometer for the wire industry. It facilitates highly accurate offline measurement.
WIRELAB.XY is a high performance benchtop laser micrometer designed for analysis of drawn or extruded products, such as wire, fibre, and thin cable, where diameter and ovality are critical to measure. It is the ideal instrument to measure wire samples, optical fibres and magnet wire or to check the die diameter by measuring the drawn wire.
Wirelab offers ultra-accurate and perfectly reproducible measurements, thanks to AEROEL’s unique calibration and genuine thermal compensation methods and the continuous self-calibration of the unit.
The WIRELAB bench top laser micrometer system uses a XACTUM series laser gauge, which allows fast and repeatable measurements on a wide range of diameters. Using a special fixture to manually rotate the part, the diameter can be measured over 360° of the circumference to precisely measure the maximum diameter, the minimum diameter and ovality of the sample.
The measured values are displayed on a standalone LCD display and controller. They are compared with the tolerance limits, settable for a large product library, to check the dimensional conformity of the part.
- 3-year warranty
- Low sensitivity to vibration owing to exceptional single scan repeatability
- Excellent dust resistance
- Easy-to-use product library with programmed tolerances
- In-built thermal compensation and self-mastering protocols
- Networking ability via Ethernet, even for multiple gauges, to a single computer program
- Data-logging with PC software
- Unique expertise – as a specialist laser micrometer manufacturer, Aeroel have unsurpassed know-how and experience in laser diameter measurement
Scantron supplies and can custom develop a number of solutions for non-contact measurement of diameter and other metrics for the wire industry. Contact us to find out more.
Contact Our Sales Team
Contact our sales team via email regarding this product: +44 (0)1823 333343Email UsMake An Enquiry
The Wirelab family of laser diameter micrometers have been specifically designed for offline use in the wire industry, to measure the finished diameter and the ovality of drawn wire. The dual axis gauge provides unparalleled accuracy and ease of benchtop measurement and, by using a hand-rotating fixture, the wire can be rotated in the beam and measured at different points. The measurements are compared to the pre-set limits as well as tolerance alarms generated. A detailed statistical report of measured product dimensions can be printed for every batch. No other system offers the simplicity or the performance of the Wirelab.
|Measuring field||(mm)||13 x 13||4 x 4||13 x 13||4 x 4||35 x 35||35 x 35|
|Measureable diameters||(mm)||0.1 - 10||0.03 - 3||0.1 - 10||0.05 - 3||0.2 - 32||0.2 - 32|
|Full range linearity||(µm)||±0.15||±1||±0.15||±1||±2.5||±5|
|Reduced field linearity||(µm)||±1||±0.5||±1||±0.5||±1.5||±1.5|
|Single shot repeatability||(µm)||±1||±1||±0.75||±0.75||±3.5||±2.5|
|Beam spot size||(mm)||0.1 x 4||0.03 x 0.1||0.1 x 4||0.05 x0.1||0.2 x 0.1||0.2 x 0.1|
|Scanning frequency||(Hz)||480 (X) x 480 (Y)||480 (X) x 480 (Y)||1500 (X) x 1500 (Y)||1500 (X) x 1500 (Y)||480 (X) x 480 (Y)||1500 (X) x 1500 (Y)|
|Gauge thermal coeficinent||(μm/m°C)||-11.5||-11.5||-11.5||-11.5||-11.5||-11.5|
|Dimensions||(mm)||204 x 137 x 49||204 x 137 x 49||292 x 137 x 49||292 x 137 x 49||352.5 x 258.2 x 72||352.5 x 258.2 x 72|
- Self-calibration ensures drift free measurement and puts an end to re-calibration procedures that are required with other gauges
- Wire can be rotated in the beam to measure diameter over full 360 degrees
- Data can be stored in memory, up to 200 products and up to 500 individual samples
- Foot-switch to initiate measurement while keeping your hands free
- Rugged construction means years and years of trouble free operation even in harsh environments backed by a 3 year warranty
- Product library means that new jobs can be set up in 2-3 seconds with no need to programme the nominal size or tolerance limits
- Stored data is processed to generate statistics for your job
- Data can be transfered to a PC via the RS232 port
- Objective and highly reproducible results: no matter what the operator’s skill level
- Ultra accurate: measure to an accuracy previously only achievable in a metrology room, by using much more expensive equipment and specialised personnel
- Highly flexible: different samples and sizes can be measured without system pre-setting or re-mastering
- Extremely fast and easy to use: reduce inspection time and improve measurement capability
- Competitive price: the favourable cost-to-benefit ratio ensures a quick payback time
- Quality certification: measurement results can be immediately recorded and processed by an external computer to get custom made printed reports
- 3 years guarantee: very long operational life by using high quality components and a solid state laser diode
The WIRELAB bench top laser micrometer can be used to measure diameter of wire and extruded products:
- Wires made from ferrous and non-ferrous materials
- Optical cables
- Enamel wire
- Electric wire