Offline wire measurement and diameter mapping to identify die wear and defects
The Super-Wirelab.XY is a table top laser micrometer for the wire industry. Manufactured by Aeroel, it is an ultra-accurate bench top laser gauge which allows for the analysis of diameter and ovality of wire, fibre, thin cable or rectangular-section products. One of several applications includes diameter mapping to identify die wear and defects in extruded and drawn products including wire and optical fibres.
Super-Wirelab builds on the popular and proven Wirelab unit with the addition of an innovative foot-driven pneumatic clamping unit to hold the specimen under tension, and a magnetic angle encoder – allowing rotation of the wire in the gauge, to map its entire profile in a matter of seconds.
Offline diameter and ovalization checks
Like the other gauges in the range, Super-Wirelab uses AEROEL’s patented calibration and true thermal compensation protocols to provide reliable results in the metrology room or on the factory floor.
The Super-Wirelab.XY is one of a number of offline diameter measurement solutions we supply to the wire industry. We can also custom design solutions to suit your specific requirements – get in touch with your project details to find out more.
Contact Our Sales Team
Contact our sales team via email regarding this product: +44 (0)1823 333343Email UsMake An Enquiry
The Wirelab family of laser diameter micrometers has been specifically designed for offline measurement in the wire Industry. It provides highly accurate finished diameter measurement and can be used to measure the ovality of drawn wire.
The dual axis gauge provides bench-top dimensional monitoring and, by using a rotating fixture, the wire can be rotated in the beam and measured in different points around the wire. The Super-Wirelab’s angle encoder allows for the whole profile to be measured and a cross-section of the wire generated.
A detailed statistical report of measured product dimensions can be printed for every batch, including a polar plot printout for the wire cross-section. No other system offers the simplicity or the performance of the Wirelab for offline measurement and wire diameter mapping.
|Measuring field||(mm)||4 x 4 (1)|
|Measureable diameters (2)||(mm)||0.02 – 1.5||0.05 – 3|
|Max diagonal (rectangular sect.)||(mm)||1.5||3|
|Resolution (selectable)||(µm)||10 / 1 / 0.1 / 0.01|
|Linearity (centred product) (3)||(µm)||±0.5 (4)|
|Linearity (full range) (5)||(µm)||±1|
|Linearity (reduced field) (6)||(µm)||±0.05|
|Repeatability (T=1s, ±2σ)||(µm)||±0.02 (7)|
|Single shot repeatability (±2σ)||(µm)||±0.75 (8)|
|Beam spot size (s,l) (9)||(mm)||0.02 x 0.1||0.05 x 0.1|
|Scanning frequency||(Hz)||1500 (X) x 1500 (Y)|
|Gauge thermal coefficient (10)||(µm/m o C)||-11.5|
|Laser source||VLD (Visible Laser Diode); λ = 650nm|
|Dimensions (11)||(mm)||292 x 240 x 255|
• Continuous self-calibration ensures drift-free measurement and puts an end to re-calibration procedures that are required with other gauges
• Wire can be rotated in the beam to measure diameter over full 360 degrees
• Polar plot generation of entire product cross-section
• Data can be stored in memory – up to 200 products and up to 500 individual samples
• Pneumatic clamping system with foot pedal operation
• Rugged construction means years and years of trouble-free operation even in harsh environments, backed by a 3 year warranty
• Product library means that new jobs can be set up in 2-3 seconds with no need to programme the nominal size or tolerance limits
• Stored data is processed to generate statistics for your job
• Data can be transferred to a PC via the RS232 port
• Ultra accurate: measures to an accuracy previously only achievable in a metrology room, using expensive equipment and specialised personnel
• Highly flexible: different samples and sizes can be measured with NO need for system pre-setting or re-mastering
• Extremely fast and easy to use: reduce inspection time and improve measurement capability
• Competitive price: the favourable cost-to-benefit ratio ensures a quick payback time
• Quality certification: measurement results can be immediately recorded and processed by an external computer to get custom made printed reports
• 3 years guarantee: long operational life due to high quality components and a solid state laser diode
Offline measurement of cable, wire, fibre or rectangular section product.