Handy Wire Scanner
The world’s first portable non-contact micrometer
HWS.2 is the world’s first contactless portable hand-held optical micrometer. Based on LED micrometer technology and designed for the wire and cable industry, it allows for portable and accurate non-contact measurement of diameter either on or off-line.
The unit compensates positioning errors automatically with twin linear sensors and shows the user a 3D visualisation of the measured product, helping to align the sensor perfectly. This 3D visualisation and alignment assistance is a new feature for the second generation of HWS.
HWS also now comes with WiFi to collect data remotely and in real time. Measurement trends can be displayed on a PC and measurements are also saved in the memory of the HWS unit until they are downloaded over USB. The unit can also be charged via USB with a maximum battery life of 4 hours.
Non-contact micrometer features
HWS.2 comes with accessories including a hand-guard and a wire-guiding pulley system. Mounting points with built in ID tags can be installed so that the sensor tracks its location on the factory floor and each measurement can be associated with the correct product line automatically.
- Diameter 0.1 to 6 mm
- Repeatability 1 µm
- Weight 850 g
- Accessories available including fixturing to hold the part, linear slides etc.
- 3-year warranty
- Low sensitivity to vibration owing to exceptional single scan repeatability
- Excellent dust resistance
- Data-logging with PC software
- Unique expertise – as a specialist laser micrometer manufacturer, Aeroel have unsurpassed know-how and experience in laser diameter measurement
Contact Our Sales Team
Contact our sales team via email regarding this product: +44 (0)1823 333343Email UsMake An Enquiry
- First ever portable, non-contact, hand-held laser micrometer
- Designed specifically for wire and cables diameter measurement
- Measures moving products online
- Cordless; 4 hours battery life
- All measurements saved and downloaded from the gun as a .CSV file
- Date and time stamp, along with line tag (if mounting bracket is used) as well as diameter measurement
Wire and Cables
Included in the set:
- Mounting bracket with machine identification tag
- Hand protection for measuring moving targets
- USB lead to download measurements